Friday, October 1, 2010

Cell phones in school: The end of civilization as we know it?


Is this the future?

I think the article being discussed actually gets a lot of things right seeing as how cell phones probably will be a regular thing in schools which isn't necessarily a good thing. Cell phones in schools really will take away a lot of the learning experience involved in the school. The fact is that students really can't multitask as well as they think they can and I'm pretty sure no one who owns a cell phone can text and listen to a lesson at the same time. There are definitely times in class for texting but to be able to do it all throughout would be ridiculous and grades would probably drop steadily for those said students. I know to many I'll sound like a square ripping on the use of cell phones in class but I'll say now that it's not a completely bad thing. Cell phones are increbily useful for communicating with people but should definitely be saved for any time for independant work. Really the thought of them completely not being aloud in classes at all is ridiculous I mean you might as well make them aloud cause if you don't kids will just sneak text anyway. I've given my opinion so i think i should talk about the article a bit I mean it seemed fairly unbiased seeing as how they gave examples from each sides and they actually state that they think cell phones will be like calculators and become aloud in the future but honestly it is biased because it kind of has to be seeing as how its an opinion piece on cell phones at school so they clearly state their opinion. What do you all think should cell phones be aloud in schools? Do you agree with me or disagree? Please sound off in the comments!


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think that your beginning is very strong and a great start! I like it! But I noticed that you switched your opinion a little bit, or so it seemed. I got a little bit confused. Overall, I liked your points. Good job.

    ReplyDelete